I know I keep on repeating myself but I LOVE how every city in Europe is near each other. Living in South of Spain for the past year has some perks (hehe) including having beautiful Portugal next door. We spent the winter holidays in Lisbon this year and we couldn’t wait to go back this summer. Since so many of you asked, here’s some of my favorite spots in the city.
Where to stay
Lisbon has probably one of the best selection of cute Airbnb’s, Guesthouses and Hotels I have ever seen. I know how overwhelming booking an accommodation can be so here’s two simple tips. Start by searching an hotel on a travel site you trust (forget typing hotel lisbon on Google). I really love Doris & Dicky because their selection of boutique hotels is incredible. I always end up discovering new dreamy locations on a very friendly price. Once you have a few names down, go directly on Instagram and check them out (if they don’t have an account, you can always look up on locations to find them) ! For me, Instagram has become the new TripAdvisor 🙂
1. Casa Das Janelas Com Vista – Hard not to feel at home at Casa Das Janelas! Located in Bairro Alto, I absolutely loved the common area of the house with the open kitchen (so much inspo for my next place!) and lots of lounging spots.
2. The Lisboans – design apartments with stunning views. This place is a Pinterest paradise!
3. Palacio Belmonte – luxury at its best! The most impressive castle in Lisbon where you’ll feel like a princess.
Where to eat
- Mini Bar Teatro – dinner: You need to try at least one of José Avillez’s restaurants and this one has to be my fave. Try the tasting menu, you won’t be disappointed.
- Nicolau Lisboa – brunch: Lots of good coffee shops in Lisbon but not a lot of brunch spots. This place is a gem and the pancakes are #nom.
- Cantina Lx – lunch: I can’t tell if I like the food or the decor better. Menu changes daily.
- Hello, Kristof – coffee: For a good instagram coffee shot, head over to this cute little café. If you miss home, order the avo toast ;).
What to do
- Get lost in Alfama: The best way to visit Lisbon is to get lost in the little alleys. Although there is so many amazing areas you could visit, Alfama is the oldest and the most charming in my opinion.
- Enjoy a cocktail with the sunset at PARK Bar: Located upstairs of a parking lot, this bar is the place to be if you’re looking to enjoy the best views of Lisbon. Can be packed around 8 pm so go early and grab the best seats.
- Explore LxFactory: Hipster, vintage and cool, LxFactory is a must if you’re looking for something unique outside the center of Lisbon. You can easily spend an afternoon there, grabbing a coffee, thrift shopping, admiring art work and spending time in the most gorgeous library out there.
- Go crazy shopping in Chiado: So many boutiques, so little time!
There is obviously a million other things to do/see in Lisbon but I really decided to stick to some of my dearest places. Have any other questions? Would love to answer 🙂